Thursday, April 9, 2020

Meaning of Life

Ask any teenager in America - what's the meaning of life - and they'll tell you. "To be entertained...duh...I never asked to be born, so whoever fukketh my mom owes me a lifetime of leisure and entertainment." About that time y'get the whap upside the head and "guess agin' dipshit."

Trubble is, most of us never get past that. We see the guy with the fancy house, motorcycle, pool, RV, and "gee, he's got it made, wish I was that lucky." Like Mike Wilbon's wink & nod to Hugh Hefner - man, he gets to fuck every slut who'll get naked for pics - must be the greatest man since Epstein. 

And y'has t'wonder at this here advanced theoretical logic what's been imprinted on every American baby brain - entertainment of self. Kinda like "gotta hurry home from work to catch the NBA game...or Super Bowl, Premier League, or what the fuck. The trick is - don't ever get the anxiety/depression of what the fok kinda life I got that's sucks so bad all I gotta look forward to is some clown bouncing a ball on the floor. Gotterdam, tha's really depressing. Make fer all sorta self-loathing. Like pissin' all over a person's time on planet, or short little life.

Lee Rourke finds this shit boring. To be fair, he never grew up in Yemen, and I didn't neither (though I did mention that idea on page 3 of my book I done wrote years afore I ever met Lee at Appomattox) (okay, wasn't Appomattox, but has a nice ring to it, no?) 

Yay verily did I leave Nebraski fer California in search of gold and young girls willing... (sorry Wilbon, didn't mean t'pick on you). I guess that's why geese migrate (Gertrude & Heathcliff) "why the hottest girl goose always gotta fly so damn fast?" 

But you don't gotta read half-way through Ben Myers book t'get Dulcie to explain things. I'll give you a quick short story what tell all. 








No comments:

Post a Comment